LADY WINSOME

Winsome: sweetly or innocently charming; winning; engaging.
Lady Winsome is all of these things. Offering you her musings on all things beauty, so you too can have an air of winsomeness.

------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BUDGET CONSCIOUS LADY WINSOME - HOME HAIR DYE



I have been wanting to get my hair dyed for a while now. I miss the rich, dark, luscious shine which comes with freshly dyed hair. But being a humble student, I was struggling to justify the price. My hairdresser and beauty consciousness friends advised me that due to my naturally dark brown locks, using a box hair dye would be fine.

Despite this I was terrified. But the results are perfect! (Well almost, I stupidly asked my boyfriend to apply the dye... ended up on my forehead and all over my ears! Don't worry it was easily removed with some toner.)


I used a the box dye of a well known brand, and it was not the cheapest one on the shelf, but it was still a hell of a lot cheaper than a salon dye job! And the results are as good!

So in these 'times' (the R word everyone is bandying about), if you are brunette and want a colour refresh without spending a good chunk of your wages, then go box.


It is so easy, but Lady Winsome suggests getting a girlfriend to help out, not your boyfriend, just for peace of mind.
And always do a 48 HOUR patch test!! It is not worth risking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment