LADY WINSOME

Winsome: sweetly or innocently charming; winning; engaging.
Lady Winsome is all of these things. Offering you her musings on all things beauty, so you too can have an air of winsomeness.

------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 8, 2009

NOT TO PRIME IS A CRIME!


That's the slogan on the back of my primer, and the more I use it the more I realise the truth of the statement.
Primer is a reasonably new beauty product, but it has become a must for any self-respecting woman. Primers as the name suggests prepare the skin for the application of makeup. They create a protective base, making a smooth and perfect canvas for makeup. This means your makeup glides on effortlessly and lasts longer.

Primers are really good for oily or combination skin as they control excess shine, and absorb oil, so your foundation won't rub off, or slide right off your face. I have combination skin and primer is my best friend.

Primers are like your normal moisturiser - but with added silicone. It is recommended that you have as little number of products as possible under your makeup to stop it sliding off - so either use your primer in place of your moisturiser, or apply your moisturiser half an hour before you prime and do your makeup. (I do the later, as having combination skin I need to moisturise the dry areas first.)

Apply foundation directly after applying your primer before it sets so it is glued on in a sense!

I use Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer, a little goes a long way, and it smells oh so good, like cloves (I reckon), plus it has antioxidants: chamomile, yarrow extract and pure vitamin E, to help strengthen and smooth skin's texture. It is so nice, and my makeup still looks flawless at 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment